About Me

My photo
I lost 103 pounds without surgery, and there was great rejoicing! However - over the last year and a half, life got in the way. Between serious bouts of fibromyalgia and debilitating migraines, I gained some weight, and found myself feeling dumpy, frumpy, and most definately in a slump. 2012 is over and the time has come to dump that frump slump, release the excess weight, change my attitude, and be and feel fabulous! This journey is about more than just weight loss. It is about facing and releasing all things that hold us back from living life to the fullest each and every day. Make the most of what you have, and live a "seize the moment" lifestyle. Join me on my journey, and dump your own slumps - whatever they may be. Welcome to Fabulous!

Friday, April 15, 2011

April 2010 - April 2011 Part One

Last April, I had an interesting experience at a store in Cocoa, Florida.  The proprietor had me select a card from a deck - and the card had a picture of a stone called Moldavite.  She told me I was soon to be going through a period of enormous change and tranformation.  I thanked her for the assessment and went on my way.

Four days later I was layed off from my job. 

And then - I went out and got a piece of moldavite....

Moldavite has been reported to help release all that is no longer needed for personal growth: old ideas: leftover emotional habits, whatever you know on a deep level needs to go.  It helps a person to appreciate the gift that they have.  People may find themselves finding more and more things to be unnecessary - like toxic relationships, anger, and irritations.  One may find themselves being more authentic and honest with themselves and others. 

The lesson however is not that one needs a stone, but sometimes one needs a wake-up call of some sort to begin to create a new and wonderful reality. 

What a difference a year makes...

No comments:

Post a Comment